Saturday, November 5, 2011

Room Makeover

If you've seen my room, you would probably agree with me that I needed a room makeover (because.... YEESH). I actually have a nice room and I love it! But what I'm really talking about is the furniture. My twin beds were about 100 years old and we constantly had to keep fixing them because they kept falling apart. Here is what it looked like...

This is about the only picture I have of one of the beds the day it was moved out. I've had it since I moved out of a crib, so it was a little sad to see it go, but I was glad to finally get some new furniture. The bed kept breaking on the corners and my mattress had fallen in a couple times. And when we first moved into our house, I had some nails I found in my carpet, so I placed them on the table. Well, my seven-year-old brother and his friend found them, and well, you could probably guess what they did with them. Here is another reason to get a new bed.

So as you could guess, I didn't exactly like the fact that there were names carved in my bed. So now I have a new full bed! Well, it's new to me (it was my sisters) and it has an awesome mattress (also my sisters). I am proud to say that I no longer own twin beds! I still haven't chosen a bed spread though. I'm looking at things from Roxy and PBteen and found an awesome, rotating, bookcase/mirror/hook/cork board....... thing. Whatever you want to call it. We found it at the Pottery Barn store on sale because it was missing two shelves, all three hooks, and it was dented on the side. We figured we could fix it up so we (my mom) got it. After we get it fixed this is what it should look like.

I can't wait to finish my room! But if you have any suggestions for a bedspread or anything like that, please comment!(I really like neon, you probably already saw that). I also love all of PBteen's furlicious (< click it) items! I just think they are the coolest things! They also look really comfortable. The only thing that takes up a lot of space in my room and looks really tacky is the Lego table. Yes, believe it or not (I will admit it) I have a big, square, green, blue, red, yellow, Lego table sitting right smack in the middle of my room. It makes my room look really "little-kiddish" but you have to admit, one can never outgrow Legos. Although it isn't the only thing making my room look tacky; I have about seven small cork boards with cut-out pictures from magazines, stickers, stationery, and drawings. But scrap booking and making little collages are still fun and that is why I have them hung on my wall. That's about all that's new for my room. Please comment with suggestions!

1 comment:

  1. I actually love your room! XD does ur bed say...Parker? Haha! It looks like that's what was carved into it!!!

    ReplyDelete